Daily Grind

Daily Grind

Monday, June 27, 2011

Relationships - The Heart


As Dominicans of Sinsinawa, we say, “At the heart of ministry is relationship.”  When I heard this the first time as a lay woman considering forming a relationship with this incredible group of women, I was most certainly drawn to them.  In fact, this was one of the components that tipped the scale for me. 

Ten years later as a vowed member, this past week has confirmed my journey of being in a lasting relationship with the Dominicans of Sinsinawa.  You see, I’ve just said “good-bye” to my 4 biological sisters after spending the last several days with them.  For the past 5 years we’ve been gathering without husbands and children to spend time with each other because “we don’t know how long we’ll have each other.”  This year I was the hostess. 

My sisters were warmly welcomed and extended gracious hospitality by the sisters living at the Mound (our headquarters.)  We adopted a table in the dining room in between our tourist expeditions.  One by one, sisters stopped by our table, welcomed my sisters, inquired about them, and extended wishes for a wonderful visit.  We were enveloped in a sea of relationships.  I feel blessed indeed to be among these women who value relationship at the heart of ministry, at the center of life.

Do you also value relationship?  Have you considered forming a relationship with us?

Anne Sur, OP
Cuba City, Wisconsin

1 comment:

  1. Each visit to the Mound has been the same. I've received a warm welcome from everyone I've met. It's unusual for me to feel comfortable with people I don't know, yet from my first interaction at Sinsinawa, I felt at ease and at peace.

    I feel privileged to know a couple of your sisters and they have been a grace in my life. It has been evident in my interactions with them that "at the heart of ministry is relationship" is not simply something they strive toward, but truly a way of life for them.

    Your sharings on the blog lay a foundation for understanding, learning, contemplation and conversation. Thanks for opening the door to future relationships by sharing your experiences and insights with others.

    ReplyDelete

Sinsinawa Sister Videos

Blog Archive

Followers