A New Year's Eve Tradition
I love New Year’s Eve!! For many years now it has been a very reflective day for me. I love to honor the past year and prepare for the next by remembering the joys and sorrows, people and places, accomplishments and challenges of the year. I am always amazed by what I learn in the process.
Here are some questions that I use. You may want to change some of them or start over and write your own.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
4. What was an unexpected sorrow?
5. Pick three words to describe 2015.
6. What were the best books you read this year?
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
8. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
9. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
10. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
11. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
12. What was the most enjoyable part of your ministry/work?
13. What was the most challenging part of your ministry/work?
14. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
15. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
16. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
17. If your life in 2015 were a book, what title would you give it?
Happy New Year!!
Mary Ann Nelson, OP