Daily Grind

Daily Grind

Monday, February 28, 2011

Stepping Out of Our Comfort Zone


There is a prayer composed by Trappist Monk, Thomas Merton, this has become a favorite of many people.  It begins:  “God, I have no idea where I am going.  I do not see the road ahead of me. . .”  If we are truly honest with ourselves, we will recognize some things about ourselves when pondering Merton’s words.

Keeping this reflection in the first person – I – then my pondering/reflection of this prayer sounds like this:  “Yes, there are days when I have no idea where I am going when considering the big life picture.  I just feel a little lost.”  OR  “Oooppss!  I trying to control my future.”  OR  “Am I too comfortable where I am?  Do I need to step out of my comfort zone?”

Saint Dominic led the way for the Order of Preachers, modeling an itinerancy at the service of the Holy Preacher.  Such a journey includes a call to step out one’s comfort zone.

What ponderings/reflections come to mind for you as you consider Thomas Merton’s words and Saint Dominic model?

Sr. Roberta Popara, OP
North Palm Beach, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sinsinawa Sister Videos

Blog Archive

Followers