Why do YOU connect? Who connects us?
Recently Pat Leahy and I became connected to Julia Slotnick who lived in the house called CONNECTIONS last year as part of Dominican Volunteers USA. When Julia moved to Madison to become a campus minister at Edgewood High School, she called us. Julia is staying with us at Monona House until she can get an apartment of her own nearer to school.
I asked Julia why she wants to connect with Dominicans of Sinsinawa. Her response was that Sinsinawa Dominicans are
· involved with local projects
· concerned about global issues
· willing to connect others in ministry
· work on professional and cultural development
· knowledgeable about vibrant, relevant, contemporary parish church
· respectful of the sacred traditions of the Catholic Church
"Besides all of that you are just 'nice' people, that is you are uplifting, conversational and easy to be with."
Pat and I enjoy being connected. Recently, Julia invited us to a band concert at Edgewood. This alive group of students was having much more fun than when I was in band there many years ago.
I am glad for our connection to you, reader of this blog. I believe that it is ultimately the Spirit of God that keeps us all connected.
Joan Duerst, OP Monona House