Thursday, March 13, 2014

My New Red Shoes

I’ve always loved shoes!  When I was younger I thought they needed to be high heels…  Now I realize that they don’t, and I can look for other things that I want.  I go beyond comfort (which is a given).  Last week I was out shopping and I saw a pair of shoes that met all my expectations.  They were both comfortable and soft.  They were RED, and, best of all, they were on SALE!  I had to have them!!
Not only that, but in the past week I’ve found plenty of things to wear them with. 

Needless to say, I absolutely love my new red shoes!  They’re perfect for the nights I am at the hospital as chaplain.  They’re quiet and lightweight, easy to slip on and off.  And I can even wear them when I go to a Wisconsin State Prison, which I will this week.  As I sit in a circle with others I’ll notice their shoes.  They do not have the luxury of shopping, as I do.  And many of them cannot afford to buy the athletic shoes that others have.  So they wear their state-issued shoes day in and day out.
Though they might never say anything about it, they will notice mine. So maybe I won’t wear them after all.

Are there things that you notice about what others have and you don’t?
How does that make you feel?

Ruth Poochigian, O.P.  
Madison WI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sinsinawa Sister Videos

Blog Archive

Followers