Daily Grind

Daily Grind

Monday, October 20, 2014

Compa~nera (Companion)

I boarded a flight to Mexico this past Saturday.  As I buckled my seatbelt, I realized I had two empty seats next to me.  Woo hoo, I thought to myself.

Then I heard a flight attendant ask a man in the next aisle if he could move to the aisle seat and let a little girl have the window seat.  The girl looked afraid and was traveling alone.   I asked the attendant if the girl wanted to sit with me.   The attendant was elated and said yes.  She was appreciative I could accompany Stephanie on the four hour flight.  Stephanie, 7 years old, spoke Spanish.   I was thankful God placed me on Stephanie’s journey to help her.

We soon became compa~neras (companions) on a journey to Mexico.  We shared snacks, talked about flying, the clouds and shared about family.  She couldn’t wait to hug her mami (mother) and see her abuelita (grandmother).   

I was on my way to Mexico to study Spanish for a few months.  Stephanie helped me transition into the Spanish language and the Mexican culture.   Any nervousness about Mexico left me.   God blessed me with a compa~nera, Stephanie. 

Who has God sent you as a compa~nera(o) on your journey?      

Priscilla Torres, OP

Jacksonville, FL (temporarily in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sinsinawa Sister Videos

Blog Archive

Followers