Monday, May 22, 2017

One thing I’ve finally learned…

…after nearly 47 years living in Dominican community:  people do their best!

What do I mean?   All of us were called by God.  To do what?  Whatever needed to be done!   I was a high school teacher of religion for ten years.  I went to summer school during those years to learn more about my faith.  Then I discovered that my students were learning things that their parents didn’t know.  So I pursued a degree in adult education, and used it in Des Moines, Iowa, Milwaukee and for the congregation.

All that time I lived in Dominican communities, where I was supported in my growth – as a woman, as a teacher, as a learner, as a sister.

Who has supported your growth over the years? 

Ruth Poochigian, O.P.
Madison WI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sinsinawa Sister Videos

Blog Archive

Followers